We’re Pleased to Announce Team Zen’s 2019 Scholarship Recipient: Cynthia Batres
Cynthia will be attending Texas State University this Fall. She plans to major in Criminal Justice. Her dream job is to solve crimes as a blood splatter analyst. Cynthia is a dedicated brown belt in the Team Zen Youth Instructor Program. She has been training, working and helping teach the younger generation. Cynthia has made the extra step in arranging her schedule to not only pursue her college dreams but to also include her martial arts training. This young lady is the epitome of perseverance and dedication. We have no doubt she will continue to be a success in her college career.
Please consider making a tax deductible donation today; 100% of your donation will go directly to the Team Zen’s Scholarship Fund.
Reflecting on Accomplishments Over the Past Year
As we reflect on the amazing accomplishments of Team Zen leaders this past year, I’d like to thank you for your continued support and share some special highlights.
We have expanded our programs and reached the milestone of including our first Scholarship Award and continuing to build our Foreign Exchange Student Outreach Program.
Our leadership programs empower young people through traditional martial arts training, competition and youth instructor development. The youth instructor training instills social responsibility and community connections.
Team Zen programs continue to expand and support more students in achieving their goals on the floor and in the classroom. We have reached students from Austin to the Dallas-Fort Worth metro area to Switzerland.
Team Zen Recent Accomplishments:
- Promoted over 50 students from beginner Gold Belt to advanced level of 4th Degree Black Belt;
- Seven students competed in a National tournament as Team Zen in Washington, DC;
- Several students entered the National Junior Honor Society and gifted programs;
- Currently enrolled 5 students in the Youth Instructor Leadership Program;
- Sponsored student competition in over 10 tournaments;
- Hosted Swiss student for 6 weeks of training and National tournament competition;
- Co-sponsored athletes to WUKF World Championships in Europe;
- Co-sponsored athlete to TKD Inter Open in Costa Rica.